Consent to the collection of data (GDPR)
Thank you for visiting our online shop. Protection of your privacy is very important to us. Below you will find extensive information about how we handle your data.
If you have any questions please contact us directly using the contact data provided in our site notice.
In compliance with the terms of articles 38 and following of the French 6 January 1978 Data Privacy Act n° 78-17,
all users have a right to access, correct and oppose their own personal data by sending a written and signed requested accompanied by a copy of an identity document featuring their signature and indicating the postal address to which the answer is to be sent.
When using the site, non-personal technical data from the user, such as their IP address, the web site they were visiting previously, visit durations, browser type and language used may be automatically collected. We may also collect and analyse browsing data, namely the user’s address and navigation on the site, the actions carried out and the links to and from internal links, etc.
Users’ personal data is only collected following their prior authorisation to collect and use some data in compliance with these rules. By giving this permission, users voluntarily provide data.
Being the data subject, you have the following rights according to:
- art. 15 GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data which we process, within the scope described therein;
- art. 16 GDPR, the right to immediately demand rectification of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- art. 17 GDPR, the right to request erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing is required
- - to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- - for compliance with a legal obligation;
- - for reasons of public interest or
- - for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- art. 18 GDPR, the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as
- - the accuracy of the data is contested by you;
- - the processing is unlawful, but you refuse their erasure;
- - we no longer need the data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- - you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with art. 21 GDPR;
- art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another controller;
art. 77 GDPR, the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your habitual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
“Personal data” includes:
- data provided by the user when registering on the platform, the password, email address and phone number.
- data provided by users with their purchase orders, such as surname, first name, phone number.
Proto-Electronics never asks its users for genetic or biometric data, data about ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of trade unions, nor health or sexual orientation data.
Users have the right to refuse the communication of their personal data at all times, by making a request by email to email@example.com or to request deletion using the form on this page. However, in that case some services and features on the site may no longer be fully functional and/or may only be partially accessible or no longer accessible.
Use of personal data
The collection and use of user data by Proto-Electronics.com is for the following uses:
- The creation, management and maintenance of an account
- The processing of requests and operations by the user on the web site
- Services and support for phone and email customers
- Data analysis and statistical research for the purpose on improving proposed services, products or technology
- The supply and display of content depending on the user’s location, preferences and language.
- To provide the communication and contacts on questions about the user’s transactions.
- Notifications to the site user of new products and services
- Commercial messages promoting Proto-Electronics.com services
Proto-Electronics.com will request the user’s consent before using their personal data for a purpose other than those listed in this document.
Proto-Electronics.com only collects the personal data for its users, and will never ask users to provide data about third parties, except for the sharing of designs as described herein.
Proto-Electronics.com has the capacity and the right to send communications about the user’s transactions, payment reminders and the confirmation of purchases.
The messages about the users’ transactions are usually required and you cannot refuse them, they are not advertising. If you do not wish to receive them, you can disable your account.
Our special offer and advertising messages will always be clearly identified as special offers and/or advertising, and will always feature both the e-mail reply address and Proto-Electronics.com’s postal address. This e-mail reply address will be able to receive your communications for not less than 30 days after the original message was sent.
The personal data collected by Proto-Electronics.com may be processed and stored in other countries on installations or plants belonging to Proto-Electronics.com. By providing personal data to Proto-Electronics.com, users authorise its transfer outside the country within the limits of such use, it being understood that the Data privacy legislation in the other countries to which the data is transferred may not provide the same level of protection as that in the user’s jurisdiction.
In compliance with the terms of articles 38 and following of the French 6 January 1978 Data Privacy Act n° 78-17, all users have a right to access, correct and oppose their own personal data by sending a written and signed requested accompanied by a copy of an identity document featuring their signature and indicating the postal address to which the answer is to be sent.
No personal data from www.Proto-Electronics.com web site users is published, exchanged, transferred, or sold on any medium to third parties without the users’ knowledge. Only the case of the acquisition of Proto-Electronics.com and its rights would allow the communication of the said data to the eventual purchaser, who would also be bound by the same duty to the users of the www.Proto-Electronics.com web site covering the protection and modification of the data.
Communication of personal data
Unless in cases clearly indicated in this document, Proto-Electronics.com does not communicate, send, nor temporarily loan the data, nor does it make the users’ personal data available to third parties.
The users’ personal data may be revealed and shared with third parties who provide services on behalf of Proto-Electronics.com. These services may include the transfer of money, data storage, payment processing, etc. These third parties will only receive the data required to supply the specific service or services and the data will be kept and protected using the same principles and protection efforts as those implemented by Proto-Electronics.com, and the data cannot be used for purposes other than those they were strictly intended for.
User data can also be sent and communicated as a company asset in the context of the acquisition, sale or takeover of the company. Should this unlikely event occur, Proto-Electronics.com would inform its users in compliance with the procedure described below.
Proto-Electronics.com reserves the right to communicate a user’s personal data if required to do so by law and when we consider that its disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with legal proceedings, a court order or a legal process on our site.
Access to your personal data
The data indicated by users on the site can be consulted and modified in the “My Account“ tab of the https://app.-onique.com platform. Users can also contact us at contact@Proto-Electronics.com and request a copy of the data collected by Proto-Electronics.com in legible format. Proto-Electronics.com will answer the request within a reasonable time not in excess of 72h.
We will keep your personal data as long as your account is active or as long as necessary to provide your services.
If you wish to delete your account or request the deletion or the halt in the use of your personal data to provide you services, please contact us at contact@Proto-Electronics.com or by directly using the form on this page. We will keep and use your personal data as long as necessary to comply with our legal duties, settle disputes and enforce our agreements.
Users can authorise or prohibit the use and acceptance of cookies on their computer. If a user blocks cookies, this may result in it being impossible to register or use the site’s interactive features, but it will not change the user’s possibility to browse the site in general.
The data / email addresses collected when files are sent to third parties are neither stored nor used for other purposes. This data is not shared with any other party.
Browsing the www.Proto-Electronics.com web site may cause the installation of cookies on the user’s computer. A cookie is a small file that cannot be used to identify the user, but which records data about how a computer browses a web site. The data thus obtained is used to make browsing the site easier and is also designed to allow certain measurements of the number of visits.
Refusing the installation of a cookie may make certain services impossible to access. User’s can, however, configure their computer as follows to refuse the installation of cookies:
Using Internet Explorer: tool tab (cog symbol at the top right) / internet options. Click on Confidentiality and choose Block all cookies. Validate by pressing OK.
Using Firefox: at the top of the browser window, click the Firefox button and then go to the Options tab. Click on the Privacy tab. Set the rules on: use personal parameters for the history. Then uncheck it to disable cookies.
Using Safari: Click on the menu symbol (shown by a cog) at the top right of the browser. Select Parameters. Click Display advanced parameters. In the “Confidentiality” section, click Content parameters. In the “Cookies” section you can block cookies.
Using Chrome: Click on the menu symbol (shown by three horizontal lines) at the top right of the browser. Select Parameters. Click Display advanced parameters. In the “Confidentiality” section, click preferences on the “Confidentiality” tab you can block cookies.
Protection of users’ personal data
In all its activities, Proto-Electronics.com actively monitors and applies data protection, namely:
- Limitation of access to supplied data to employees who need it to provide services to the user;
- The employees sign non-disclosure agreements;
- Our partners and contractors sign non-disclosure agreements in the context of implementing specific features, as well as agreements covering the prohibition to use such data for unauthorised purposes.
- Payment data is encrypted using SSL technology via the use of our third party payment gateway service providers;
E-mail advertising if you subscribe to the newsletter
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will regularly send you our e-mail newsletter based on your consent according to Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. a) GDPR, using the data required or disclosed by you separately for this purpose.
You may unsubscribe from the newsletter service at any time. For this purpose you can either send a message to the contact option specified below or use the opt-out link in the newsletter. Upon unsubscription, we will delete
your email address unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data or we reserve the right to further use your personal data in the scope and manner permitted by the law, of which we inform you in this notice.